- Establishing potential vaccine strain in cell culture or spf chick embryos
- Cloning of cell substrates to increase viral titres
- Establishment from embryonic organs of cloned cell lines/strains - cattle, sheep, horse, rabbit, pig etc.
- Establishing virus purity and identity.
- Attenuation of vaccine strain including classical mutagenisis.
- Cloning of attenuated virus.
- Extraneous agent testing as per EU Pharmacopia.
- Providing stock of fully tested master virus seed.
- Develop and optimize vaccine production methods, challenge models and potency tests.
- Provide stocks of fully tested bulk antigen.
- Candidate vaccine strains include important pathogens of cattle, sheep, poultry, dogs, cats, rabbits.
Virus diagnostic testing
- Set up and validate titration methods
- Neutralising antibody testing.
- Virus isolation and Virus Identity testing
- Establish in vitro assays including HA, HAI and ELISA.
- Immunofluorescent antibody/antigen testing
- Perform studies for EU and non EU registration.
- Provide advice and support for study protocols for registration studies
- Development of tests and SOP's
- Clean up virus and cell seeds from BVDV contamination
- Develop persistently infected cell lines